‘Tis the Season for Giving…
It’s that time of year to start thinking CHRISTMAS! Hoping you will be able to help us not forget about children on the reservation this season. Many have no water, electricity and will not be able to have Christmas like most of us. Will you consider giving Walmart, Target or Best Buy gift certificates, or giving a “Christmas Dream Box” for the youth? Most look to “Christmas at the Dream Center” for a gift at Christmas. Tell all of your friends, church and family !! Thank you so much!
Sometimes, the only Christmas gift Native American children receive is from The Dream Center.
Over 3000 toys are needed for this upcoming Christmas season for the Native American reservations of the Northwest. Help us deliver Christmas to the children and elders on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation! – December 11th and 12th
Download the Christmas Dream Box Flyer for more details.
How to Give:
- Select an age and gender from the list below
- Shop for presents for that child based on the suggestions below. Feel free to include other things the children might enjoy! Your purchase should fit in a shoebox.
- Place the gifts in a shoebox or similarly sized Rubbermaid container. Feel free to include an encouraging note. No personal information PLEASE!
- Wrap the box and lid separately in Christmas wrapping paper.
- Clearly indicate on the outside of the box the age and gender the gift is intended for. This is very important! You can use our Christmas Labels on the next page.
- Mail your box to WAEM and make sure it arrives by December 9th.
- Wal-Mart gift cards or a financial blessing is welcome!
USPS mail to:
Wings As Eagles Ministries
PO Box 207
Caputa, SD 57725
FED EX or UPS mail to:
The Dream Center on Pine Ridge
3772 Hwy. 27
Porcupine, SD 57772
For more information or questions please reach out contacting us.
What to Give:
- Ages 1-3 | Male & Female
Suggested Items: Toddler Toys, wipes and diapers, new clothing, stuffed animals, crayons and coloring books, baby lotion & soap.
- Ages 4-6 | Male & Female
Suggested Items: Matcbox trucks and cars, remote control trucks and cars, toy horses, and toys!
- Ages 7-8 | Male & Female
Suggested Items: Crayons and coloring books, snacks, puzzles, hats and gloves, dolls and toys, hair clips, matchbox cars and trucks, remote control cars and trucks, and toys!
- Ages 10-12 | Male & Female
Suggested Items: Gloves and Hats, books, board games, watches, toys (include batteries), puzzles, books
- Ages 13-16 | Male & Female
Suggested Items: Watches, hand held video games, books, board games, sunglasses, hair accessories, journals, watches, jewelry, skateboards, and basketballs.
Seniors and Older teen gifts needed!
Non-Appropriate Gifts Items:
Used items, (please-New Only), scissors, glue, cologne, hair sprays, body sprays, and toxic items..